Cory Carman and her team are simply amazing. Carman Ranch is driven by similar core tenants that inspire Keller Crafted. Cory is not simply growing grass fed beef, she is focused on building soil, rural economic and human health through scaled and organized regenerative agriculture.
The Carman Ranch model demonstrates that regenerative agriculture can operate at scale while:
- Improving soil carbon sequestration
- Reducing the need for water and external inputs
- Practicing humane treatment of livestock
- Enhancing biodiversity
- Increasing rural prosperity
- Producing nutrient dense food
- Improving human health
Carman Ranch Mission:
Carman Ranch raises premium grassfed beef using practices that restore the soil, respect the animals, build sustainable communities, and grow nutrient dense, delicious food.
Carman Ranch Vision
Carman Ranch is a catalyst for the regenerative food revolution. In our vision we:
- Restore the soil: Holistic ranching promotes soil health. Our practices sequester carbon, increase water-holding capacity, and eliminate the need for herbicides and pesticides.
- Respect the animals: Our animals socialize in herds, with plenty of room to roam and graze on ample pastures. They are never given hormones, antibiotics or grains, nor are they confined in any way.
- Build sustainable communities: We support a community of holistic family ranchers who are creating sustainable incomes, and building connections and resilience in rural communities.
- Grow nutrient dense food: Healthy soil means more flavorful, delicious and nutritious meats, full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and healthy Omega-3 fatty acids.
History and Process
Ranch was established in 1913. In 2003, the Wallowa, Oregon operation transitioned to 100 percent grassfed beef. The company has grown to include some of the West Coast's best grassfed beef producers, who share a common mission: to demonstrate that building community, restoring the soil, and respecting the animals are essential to growing exceptional beef. Today, Carman Ranch is a vibrant example of holistic ranching and land regeneration.
We guarantee where and how our beef was grown, and who grew it. Carman Ranch grassfed beef offers a distinctive combination of attributes: local and sustainably grown at a natural rate, free from antibiotics, hormones, grain and stress, healthy and delicious.
- Cattle are tracked from birth and can be traced back to the ranch of birth at the time of slaughter.
- Cattle are under 36 months of age.
- Cattle are born and raised on ranches in Oregon, Washington, California and Nevada.
- All cattle are 100% grassfed in accordance with American Grassfed Association standards for supplementation.
- In addition to prohibiting the feeding of any grain, these standards include:
- No added hormones
- No antibiotics
- No confinement
- Cattle have access to pasture their entire lives