Sweet Potato Ham Hash Recipe
Makes 4 servings
This Brunch recipe is a sweet and savory dish that brings everything together! The watercress, onion and dijon add the perfect amount of salty flavor to the sweet potato and ham - this is definitely a recipe I'm going to add to my regular rotation!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 cups 1/3-inch cubes peeled red-skinned sweet potato (yam)
- 2 cups 1/2-inch cubes Keller Crafted Non-GMO ham
- 1 large white onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups coarsely chopped watercress tops plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- 4 large eggs (Optional)
- Wash raw sweet potato and poke a few holes in the skin. Microwave until tender but not mushy (about 3 minutes in my microwave). Move to a cutting board to cool while you cube and chop the other ingredients. Peel and cube sweet potato.
- Heat 3 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato cubes; cover and cook 3 minutes. Mix in ham, onion, and mustard. Cover and cook until sweet potato is tender and bottom of hash begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper. Using spatula, turn hash over in portions and press to compact. Cook uncovered until golden, turning and pressing occasionally, about 10 minutes longer. Stir in chopped watercress until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Divide hash among 4 plates. Garnish with watercress sprigs.
- You have the option to top each portion with a fried egg.