Pasture-raised Heirloom Ginger Scallion Chicken Meatball MixRegular price $10.99
Perfectly seasoned heirloom and pasture-raised ground chicken, ready for meatballs within minutes! All you need to do is gently roll into balls, then you can sauté, bake, fry, or add to a soup. Our Ginger Scallion Chicken Meatball Mix is a savory delight and a great enhancement for your weekday meals.
SIZE: 16 oz / 1 lb
- Slow Cook
INGREDIENTS: Pasture-raised Heirloom Chicken, Egg (Whole Eggs, Citric Acid), Breadcrumbs (Wheat Flour), Scallions, Ginger, Garlic, Sea Salt, Sesame Oil, Black Pepper
ALLERGENS: Contains Egg, Wheat, Flour, Garlic, Sesame
Pitman Family Farm creates the "Heirloom" chicken by crossing a slower-growing chicken genetics with the traditional Cornish cross, resulting in a slower-growing and hardier bird that can be raised humanely in a pasture-centered production model. The chicken is fed non-GMO verified feed and is then air-chilled for quality.
Air Chill helps inhibit the spread of bacteria by keeping all of the chickens independent, and saves 30,000 gallons of chlorinated water every day! The air chilled method produces a better tasting chicken. With no water added, the air chilled method keeps the "real" chicken flavor and juices. No water is absorbed, so you get the natural flavor of chicken.
WHAT DOES GAP 4 PASTURE CENTERED MEAN?
- Slower-growing breed Pasture areas have natural grass vegetation to encourage natural behavior
- 50% or more natural or hay vegetative cover on pasture
- 25% or more natural or hay vegetative cover on pasture
- Shade is provided in outdoor area
- Water is provided in outdoor area
- No physical alterations (No beak trimming, de-spurring, dubbing, caponization)
- Fed no antibiotics, by-products, or added growth hormones
- Hay bales and perches are added
- Space for birds to flap their wings, dust, bathe and move about
- Added features for them to play, hide and isolate themselves
Fed a Non GMO Vegetarian Diet:
- 65% Non GMO Corn
- 30% Non GMO Soybean Meal
- 5% Vitamins and Nutrients
- *GMO stands for Genetically Modified Organisms: an organism with altered genetic DNA engineered by humans
Pitmans was the first in the industry to be Verified with Non-GMO Project.
- No Antibiotics Ever
- Fed Vegetarian Diet
- No Preservatives
- No Added Hormones